Just been pretty lazy today because it’s unusually cold outside right now and I’ve pretty much been a couch potato, today. Ha ha.
Two parents in Washington state have been found guilty of murder after following the abusive parenting techniques advocated in the parenting book “To Train Up a Child”.
I am begging you, please sign this petition to ask Amazon to stop selling these books. The books are given out in some churches and sold under an illusion of creating a happy family. This story and the things that are encouraged in the books break my heart.
[TW CHILD ABUSE]
“Some of the discipline techniques the Pearls teach include:
- Using plastic tubing to beat children, since it hurts a lot but leaves fewer marks to alert authorities
- Wearing the plastic tubing around the parent’s neck as a constant reminder to obey
- "Swatting" babies as young as six months old with instruments such as "a 12-inch willowy branch," thinner plastic tubing or a wooden spoon
- "Blanket training" babies by hitting them with an instrument if they try to crawl off a blanket on the floor
- Beating older children with rulers, paddles, belts and larger tree branches
- "Training" children with pain before they even disobey, in order to teach total obedience
- Giving cold water baths, putting children outside in cold weather and withholding meals as discipline
- Hosing off children who have potty training accidents
- Inflicting punishment until a child is “without breath to complain.”“
they’re advocating for beating children as young as 6 MONTHS
they’re advising people on how to avoid legal punishment for their crimes
“The Pearls and their ministry, No Greater Joy, make an estimated $1.7 million a year.”
I think it’s important to point out that many of the children abused, and especially those murdered, using this method, are children of color adopted by white people, often from poverty-stricken countries in Africa and Asia.
- "You took our relationship too seriously."
- "I’m going to die soon. I always knew."
- "You’re going to die soon and I won’t stop it."
- "I found someone else that’s better for me."
- "We were kidding ourselves all along."
- "I found the note you left."
- "I loved the person you used…
Okay, so I haven’t exactly hit 200 followers yet, but I just couldn’t wait any longer. I’m so incredibly thankful for every single one of you lovely bloggers, rpers and alike. I don’t have much to offer, but I really feel like it’s necessary to give you something. If I could give you all a big, sloppy kiss, I would, but I can’t! So have some icons, instead!
- Must be following me
- Reblogs only (likes will not count)
- Reblog as many times as you’d like
- Roleplayers only, please
- Giveaway ends December 1st, 2013
- Winners will be selected randomly using random.org
- 100 icons of your muse(s) and/or FC
- A collections DVD of various b-list horror films (you must obviously provide me with your mailing address for this)
- A permanent link to your blog on my navigation page
- A promo on the front page of my blog for one month
- 50 icons of your muse(s) and/or FC
- a promo on the front of my blog for one month
- a link to your blog reblogged -sporadically- by me throughout the month
- 25 icons of your muse(s) and/or FC
- a promo on the front page of my blog for one month
Good luck and thanks to anyone who participates!
Oh my Bejeesus, I’m done wait staffing at work for four days in a row. I am off tomorrow and the weekend! :)
i wonder how she felt when she realized it’s a 4s
Stomach’s growling for food and yet, I’m too damn tired right now, to even get up on my feet.